Really, McDonald’s?

From where I sit, it looks to me like those 6 nuggets of mystery meat, filled with fat and God knows what else, are lot more dangerous than that sweet face getting a belly rub!
If you think it’s unfair that McDonald’s would perpetuate the myths about Pit Bulls being such terrible, mean, dangerous animals, let them know! Call 1-800-244-6227 to be heard!

Edited to add: I have to admit I didn’t not properly “vet” this news before posting. I am in the process now of confirming that this is an actual ad by McDonald’s and not just an internet hoax designed to incite people. I will be back with my findings.

Edited to add: Here is the radio ad on YouTube.

The one thing I want to say to McDonald’s is this: I don’t believe you meant any harm by your ad. I’m guessing you’re amazed by the uproar it’s caused. But here’s the thing. Our dogs have been painted as vicious killing machines by the media. They’re being banned and killed in cities all over this country. Strangers cross the street to avoid us when we walk our dogs through our own neighborhoods. This isn’t because our dogs have done anything wrong – it’s because the public has been lead to believe they’re bad. We don’t need YOU adding to the crazy amount of misinformation and fear-mongering that’s already going on. Please pull this ad immediately.

Re-posting this content on your own blog or website is strictly prohibited. For more information, please see our Copyright policy.

Never miss an update! Fetch our new posts directly from your email inbox by clicking here to subscribe!

Christina Berry

Wife, Mom, Social Media Strategist, Pit Bull advocate, lifestyle blogger, movie lover, scatterbrain. Founder of Indy Social Media Moms. Lover of cotton candy, boy bands, daisies, all things Paris, Audrey Hepburn, and Key West. Blogging for a cause at The Lazy Pit Bull, and for fun at From The Berry Patch.

Latest posts by Christina Berry (see all)

Comments

1. Troy says

Thank you for holding back until researching the matter.  I haven’t been able to find anything except this and something on The Nest so far.

2. CindySabrina1978 says

Is this for real?  I’ve been searching all morning for proof and can’t find it. I called Mc Donalds and they couldn’t confirm if it was or was not true. =/

3. says

I learned of this through a credible source, but in my outrage, I didn’t do the investigating I should’ve done before posting. I will do some research to confirm. Thanks for the feedback!

4. AmyS says

Thank you!  I’ll be watching for your reply.  I read this elsewhere and have been trying to verify as well.  If I find anything, I’ll comment back, too.  Don’t want to incite all my pit bull loving friends until I know for sure.

5. says

I’m usually very thoughtful… and very slow to post… when I hear things like this, but I immediately jumped on the bandwagon because I was so outraged. I’m still trying to find the answer. If you find anything, will you please come back here and let me know?

6. SheWhoMustBeObeyed says

I’m definitely looking for proof of this too. I hope it’s not true, but given some of the seriously stupid advertising I’ve noticed of late, I wouldn’t be shocked.

7. says

Still no firm proof either way. However, a great local Pit Bull Rescue,
    http://www.facebook.com/CasaDelToro, has posted on its Facebook page that they made contact with McDonald’s. The company is receiving lots of phone calls about this. The customer service person Casa Del Toro spoke with was interested and asked questions about our dogs. At least she was receptive to learning more about these “risky” dogs.

I’m still looking for hard proof of the ad and will post it when I know something more.

8. Jackiemelissa81 says

Yes this is a Mcdonalds add I called them this AM and they said they know about it and have received many complaints about it.  The lady on the phone was very apologetic and said she was aware of the add when it came out and had no idea why the company went through with it

9. Holmes373 says

Hi There if would like to get to the bottom of this try calling…..1-630-623-3000 ext 3 for directory. It is a direct line to corporate office. I talked to Mike Andres’s executive assistant because he was on vacation …. but I would ask for any of these people,,,all the head hanchos!
    Jim SkinnerDon ThompsonMike AndresJose ArmarioPeter J. BensenDoug GoareTim FentonJan FieldsRichard FloerschJim JohannesenKaren KingKevin NewellSteve PlotkinGloria SantonaJeff StrattonFred L. TurnerA

10. AmyS says

Excellent!  Now I can post confidently.  I was just getting on to try to find it and thought I’d check to see if you had any luck.  Good work. : )

11. says

There is no question that the ad was aired. That is fact along with the writers statement “
    Our dogs have been painted as vicious killing machines by the media. They’re being banned and killed in cities all over this country. Strangers cross the street to avoid us when we walk our dogs through our own neighborhoods. This isn’t because our dogs have done anything wrong – it’s because the public has been lead to believe they’re bad”. WELL SAID!