Want to make a difference in the lives of shelter animals this Christmas? It’s easy, and it doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. Here are just a few ideas!
1) Donate new or gently used blankets, towels, and pillows to your local shelter. These can be used as bedding for shelter pets, as well as for numerous other purposes throughout the shelter.
2) Donate pet toys such as balls, ropes, and Nylabones. You can often find these items on clearance in stores like Petsmart, Walmart, and Petco.
3) Donate pet treats and food to your local shelter. These items are always appreciated by both shelter staff and the animals waiting for their forever homes.
4) Donate paper towels, trash bags, cat litter, and other pet-friendly items to your local shelter.
5) Donate your time at your local shelter, even if it’s just one hour per week. Volunteers are always needed, and you can’t imagine how rewarding it is to know you’ve made a difference in the life of a shelter pet.
Can you think of other ways you can make the world a little better for shelter pets during the holidays? Please share them in comments below!
Want to be a champion for Pit Bulls? Follow our Facebook to find out how YOU can save a life!
Wife, Mom, Social Media Manager, Pit Bull advocate, lifestyle blogger, movie lover, scatterbrain. Lover of cotton candy, boy bands, daisies, all things Paris, Audrey Hepburn, and Key West. Blogging for a cause at The Lazy Pit Bull, and for fun at Chrissy, Inspired.