This post is sponsored by Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover.
Spring brings so many beautiful things: warmer weather, gorgeous flowers, and green grass. But it also brings rain… lots and lots of rain. And if you’re a pet parent, you know that rain brings lots of messes into the home. It seems like it’s a never-ending battle to keep up with the extra cleaning on those rainy spring days. See what I mean?
I try to catch my girls at the door and wipe off their muddy feet before they come in the house, but sometimes they’re quicker than me and this is the result. Wet, muddy paw prints on the carpet, the tile, everywhere! That’s why I love Spot Shot Pet for cleaning up these extra springtime messes.
It’s so important to me to use cleaning products that are non-toxic, safe for both kids and pets, and environmentally friendly, and Spot Shot Pet meets all those requirements. Even more good news is that it contains no phosphates, comes in recyclable packaging, and is not tested on animals.
But the best news of all is how well it cleans. I’ve been using Spot Shot for years, and I’ve never been disappointed with the results. It’s truly a lifesaver when it comes to pet-friendly cleaning. I trust my home and my family to Spot Shot, and if you give it a try, I know you’ll love it, too! Click here to get a coupon for $1.00 off your next purchase, and be sure to check out the Spot Shot Stain Fighting Community on Facebook!
When springtime rolls around, I love to give my house a really deep cleaning. I’ll be sharing more tips on that in a few days, but for now I’d like to share my favorite tools for everyday cleaning around the house. Having these items in your arsenal will make your daily pet-friendly cleaning routine so much easier and more enjoyable!
8 Must-Have Tools for Pet-Friendly Cleaning
- Microfiber cloths – These are great for catching lint and dirt, and they work so well even without cleaners. Why use unnecessary chemicals around your family if you don’t have to?
- Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop – I absolutely love this mop! Its microfiber cleaning pad picks up 50% more dirt and dust per swipe than traditional mops, and it’s so easy to use. I clean my floors with a 50-50 mixture of water and white vinegar, and it’s so simple with this mop.
- Hand duster – This awesome thing traps and holds dust without cleaning chemicals, and its large microfiber head covers a wide surface with every swipe. Trust me, you need this baby.
- iRobot Roomba – I’ve written before about my love affair with this amazing invention. Yes, it’s a little bit of an investment, but it’s totally worth it. My house is considerably cleaner all the time now that I’m using the Roomba 3-4 times a week. It saves me so much time, and it does a great job!
- Lint roller – No home with pets should be without lint rollers. They are amazing for removing dog and cat hair from furniture and clothes, and it takes just a second of your time. I keep one in every room of my home!
- Black+Decker cordless hand vacuum – You guys. This thing has seriously changed my life. It’s light and easy to use, and it’s perfect for quick clean-ups, and for vacuuming stairs, cars, and pet areas. I am in love!
- Spray bottles – These babies have dozens of great uses in the home! I use them for making my own cleaning solutions, like a 50-50 mix of water and vinegar for cleaning windows and mirrors. I use a Sharpie to write on the bottle so I remember what’s in it because, you know, mom brain.
- Hand-held broom and dustpan – These are so convenient to have on hand, and I keep one right by Snickers’ litter box for quick clean up of litter messes.
Of course, Spot Shot Pet is another great addition to your cleaning arsenal. Stay tuned for an upcoming post where I’ll be featuring my favorite pet-friendly cleaning products, and you can bet Spot Shot will be on that list!
When it comes to your daily cleaning routine, what are the cleaning tools you simply can’t live without? Share them with me in a comment below!
*This post is sponsored by Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover, but all opinions are our own.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and then make a purchase, we may receive a teeny tiny commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligated to make your purchase using our links but when you do, an amazing thing happens: you get something super awesome and we make a little pocket change. We call that a win-win!