As an avid animal lover, it’s super important to me that the products I buy and use are made by companies and brands that also love and care about animals. That means that whenever possible, I buy products that are cruelty-free.
What does that mean, you ask? Webster defines cruelty-free as products that are “developed or produced without inhumane testing on animals“. Some folks even go so far as to say cruelty-free also means a product doesn’t contain any “animal-derived ingredients“, but that’s not necessarily important to me. I’m okay with the use of lanolin or beeswax in a product, as long as the product itself was not tested on animals. If it also contains no animal bi-products, that’s just an added bonus.
As you might imagine, it can be a challenge to find good lip balms, body scrubs, make-up, and other beauty products that are cruelty-free, but it’s not impossible. I strongly recommend reading product labels and doing your own research if it’s important to you to use products that were not tested on animals and no animals were harmed in the process of making them.
All that said, today I want to share 10 of my favorite cruelty-free beauty products with you. These are items that I personally use on a daily basis, and I highly recommend them for their quality, performance, and most of all, their cruelty-free properties.
- Burt’s Bees Pink Grapefruit Lip Balm – All of the Burt’s Bee products are pretty amazing, but I especially love the lip balms. There are many flavors to choose from, but my favorite is the grapefruit.
- The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub – The smell of coconut immediately transports me to a sunny, tropical climate. Who wouldn’t want that?
- Buffy Body Butter by LUSH – This stuff is truly like butter, and it’ll make your skin feel so soft and smooth.
- Eco Tan Self-Tanner – Long gone are my days of sun worshipping. Nowadays I like to use a little self-tanner when I want to give my skin a little extra color. This one from Eco Tan is a really good one.
- Zoya Nail Polish – There are so many gorgeous colors to choose from with Zoya. And their nail polish remover is pretty awesome, too.
- BWC Mascara – I don’t wear much make-up at all, but I do like a little dab of mascara. BWC, also known as Beauty Without Cruelty, makes a great mascara that I love to use.
- LUSH Shampoo Bars – If you’ve never used a shampoo bar, you do not know what you’re missing. These are so, so awesome, and they come in so many luscious scents! Make sure you pick up this little shampoo bar tin, too.
- BWC Facial Lotion – I’m really particular about facial moisturizers. They have to have an SPF, and they can’t clog my pores. This one meets all my requirements.
- Kirei Make-Up Brushes – Make-Up brushes that are cruelty-free, hypoallergenic, and oh so soft are a must.
- RMS Beauty Un-Cover Up Concealer – Every girl wants a really awesome concealer. This is one of the best I’ve ever used.
There are many great cruelty-free beauty products on the market today, so if you don’t find something on my list that meets your needs, just do a little searching to find the ones that’ll work for you. I promise, you’ll be glad you did.
Do you have some favorite cruelty-free beauty products? I’d love for you to share them with me in a comment below!
Psst! This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you use one of these links to make a purchase, we may receive a teeny tiny commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligated to use our links to make your purchase, but please know that when you do, you get something super duper awesome and we make a little pocket change. Total win-win, wouldn’t you say?