Y’all, I love donuts. They’re one of my all-time favorite foods. And while I’d never give my dogs a real donut, I fell in love with these DIY toy donuts for dogs and I’m a-okay with them. Today I want to share this fun and simple make-at-home project with you, and I’m betting you and your dog will love it.
I love making toys for my dogs using repurposed items from around the house. Remember these fun toys made from old t-shirts? These adorable toy donuts are made with old socks and just a few other simple supplies. Take a look.
- Squeeker (optional)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Yarn (optional)
- Fabric paint (optional)
- 1. Start by cutting the toes off of your sock. Turn the sock inside out.
- 2. Cuff sock and fold about 2 inches inward, creating a little pocket.
- 3. Stuff that pocket with stuffing and squeeker (optional) until it's firm all around.
- 4. Roll the sock so inward pull tight (forms a good donut hole). Do this until you are at the end of your sock.
- 5. Hot glue the edge of the sock down so it is secure.
- 6. Place donut on top of your felt and draw an irregular shape so that it mimics frosting or glaze when cut out.
- 7. Cut out the shape and hot glue it to the donut.
- 8. Cut out a hole in the center and hot glue around that edge to hold in place.
- 9. Decorate donut with fabric paint or yarn and hot glue.
- * For safety purposes, make sure you are using non-toxic fabric paint.
- Always supervise your pet when it is playing with toys.
Pretty simple, right? And the results are simply adorable, if I do say so myself.
They almost look good enough to eat, don’t they? You’re only limited by your imagination when it comes to this fun project!
One note: I strongly recommend using non-toxic fabric paint. Also, be sure to supervise your pet at all times when she’s playing with toys.
So what do you think? Will you be making some of these fun toy donuts for your dog? Let me know in a comment below!