I’m a super big fan of chocolate, and there’s nothing more fun and delicious that making s’mores around a campfire in the summertime.
Of course my dogs love joining us whenever we’re spending time outdoors, but because they can’t have chocolate, they have to miss out on the s’mores goodness. It makes them very sad.
But luckily I found this DIY dog-friendly treat for National S’mores Day, which is August 10. It’s 3 simple ingredients and trust me, it will put a smile on your mutt’s face. Just take a look at the infographic below to see what I mean.
See what I mean? These are super quick and easy to make, and your dog can enjoy her own s’mores while all your 2-legged guests are having theirs as well. It’s a good time for everyone!
But if you’re having a campfire, remember to keep your dog safe. Dogs are just like little kids, and they’re so curious about the world around them. Unfortunately, that curiosity can get them in a lot of trouble so be sure to keep all pets safely away from open flames. A little prevention can save you and your pet lots of pain, money, and maybe even more.
- Carob chips (DO NOT use chocolate!)
- Cream cheese
- Dog biscuits or treats
- 1. Place carob chips in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals until nice and smooth
- 2. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on the dog biscuit, then dip in melted carob
- 3. Place biscuits on wax paper and let them set until carob has hardened
- Treats will keep in a covered container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Have you ever tried these dog-safe s’mores? I’d love to hear all about it! Better yet, click over to our Facebook page and share a photo of your dog enjoying her special treat!