Would it surprise you to learn that there are approximately 100 million iPhones in use in the United States? That accounts for about 50 percent of all smart phones in the US, and a large percentage of people using the iPhone are pet parents.
There are so many iOS apps available for use on the iPhone, but if you’re anything like me, it’s easy for all those apps, photos, music, and videos to eat up all the space on your phone. That means it’s important to be selective about which apps you choose to download to your phone.
Today I’m sharing my list of 5 must-have iPhone apps for pet parents. These are apps I believe every pet parents should be using on their iPhone, and the ones that give you the most “bang for your buck”. Some of these are free to use, and some cost a little bit of money, but in my opinion they’re all great resources for anyone who shares their life with a pet.
- APCC by ASPCA – Focusing on dogs, cats, horses, and birds, this free app from the ASPCA helps pet parents quickly identify and understand common household hazards, toxic and non-toxic plants, potentially harmful medications, as well as warm or cold weather hazards.
- BringFido – Pet Friendly Hotels – BringFido.com is the world’s leading pet travel website and a trusted resource for dog parents who are looking for the lowdown on the best hotels, attractions, and restaurants that welcome pets. This app brings the best of the website to your phone, giving you free on-the-go access to pet-friendly information worldwide.
- Everalbum – This amazing app protects your life’s photos so you never have to worry about losing them. Across devices and photo sources, it automatically backs up your photos and videos so you can access them at any time from multiple devices. You can also free up space on your device by removing photos from your camera roll. I’ve been using this one for a few months, and I LOVE it.
- ResQwalk – This is a free app that enables you to raise money for animal welfare organizations, simply by walking. I mean, if you’re already walking your dog every day, why not help out your favorite shelters and rescues in the process? The app also helps you locate pet-friendly places like parks, dog runs, pet stores, and veterinary clinics as well as pet-friendly hotels, restaurants, and shops.
- American Red Cross Pet First-Aid – This app puts veterinary advice for everyday emergencies in the palm of your hand. Be prepared to act when called upon with videos, interactive quizzes, and simple step-by-step advice. This one really is a must-have app.
These are my personal favorites, and they definitely get put to use on my phone. If you’re looking for the best of the best among iPhone apps for pet lovers, these 5 are a great place to start.
What’s your favorite iPhone app for pet parents? Share it with us in a comment below.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and then make a purchase, we may receive a teeny tiny commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligation to make your purchase using our links but when you do, an amazing thing happens: you get something super awesome and we make a little pocket change. We call that a win-win!