Y’all, my dogs are like little sous chefs. Any time my husband and I are in the kitchen, both Nike and Georgie are right there with us, just waiting for an opportunity to “help” out. They honestly think that if we’re cooking, it must be for them.
But my girls are smart. They know that a lot of healthy and delicious dog treats come out of our kitchen, and these spinach, carrot, and zucchini treats are no exception. They are healthy, easy to make, and best of all? The dogs love them.
This recipe is packed full of all the flavors my dogs love, and I’m guessing your dog will feel the same way. Peanut butter? Check. Pumpkin? Check. Oats? Check. And then when you add in the veggies, well, how can they be anything but a hit.
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 3 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 Zucchini, shredded
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl using and electric mixer, beat the pumpkin, peanut butter and eggs until smooth
- Add in the oats, beating slowly until well combined
- Slowly add in the flour a 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add in the carrots, zucchini and spinach, beating until well incorporated in the dough.
- Roll out the dough until about 1/4 inch thick, using a rolling pin on a floured surface.
- Cut out dough with a cookie cutter and place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-24 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
See what I mean? So simple, delicious, and good for your dog.
Of course, you can make these treats using any old set of cookie cutters, but seriously, aren’t these just the cutest things you’ve ever seen? These are perfect for dog treats, and could even be used for regular people cookies, too!
So if you’re looking for an easy and yummy treat for your dog, one that you know is truly wholesome and healthy, don’t wait to give these spinach, carrot, and zucchini treats a try. You and your dog will love them.
Have you ever tried a treat recipe so packed with healthy ingredients? If you make this one for your dog, I’d love for you to share a photo on The Lazy Pit Bull Facebook page!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and then make a purchase, we may receive a teeny tiny commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligation to make your purchase using our links but when you do, an amazing thing happens: you get something super awesome and we make a little pocket change. We call that a win-win!