With Thanksgiving rapidly approaching here in the United States, everyone’s starting to plan their holiday menu. There’s always some version of sweet potatoes on our family’s holiday table, whether it’s candied yams, sweet potato pie, or baked sweet potatoes slathered in cinnamon sugar and butter. Oh my, I think I put on 5 pounds just thinking about it.
Because so many of us consider our dogs to be part of the family, I strongly believe they shouldn’t be left out of the holiday festivities. That’s why I want to share this oh so simple, healthy, and delicious recipe for vegan and grain-free sweet potato cookies for dogs.
As you can see, there are limited ingredients in this recipe, and they’re all wholesome and healthy. And according to my girl, Nike, when you mix them all together, they make one delicious cookie.
If you really want to make these special for Thanksgiving, you might consider using these cute pumpkin cookie cutters or this totally adorable pilgrim cookie cutter set. Both are perfect for your dog’s Turkey Day treats!
- 4 oz jar sweet potato baby food puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place dough on parchment paper and knead with hands until well formed and not crumbly. Add more oil or flour as needed (only a tablespoon at a time).
- Place another sheet of parchment paper over dough and use a rolling pin to roll out until 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out desired shape and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before sharing.
- Store uneaten cookies in an air tight container for 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- If you prefer, you can use one sweet potato, baked, cooled and mashed in place of the baby food puree.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and then make a purchase, we may receive a teeny tiny commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligation to make your purchase using our links but when you do, an amazing thing happens: you get something super awesome and we make a little pocket change. We call that a win-win!