If there’s a wine drinking dog lover on your holiday shopping list, I’ve got a super easy gift idea for you. These adorable doggy wine toppers are a breeze to make, and since you’ve probably already got many of the supplies on hand, they’re a super inexpensive and fun gift for anyone who loves wine… and dogs.
Start by gathering your supplies:
- Wine corks (you can re-purpose old ones or buy from your local craft store)
- Miniature dog figurines
- Spray paint in your choice of colors
- Fine craft glitter in your choice of colors
- Paper plates or scrap paper
- Hot glue, glue gun
Now you’re ready to start creating! Just follow these simple steps:
1. Place the dog miniatures on a paper plate or scrap paper. Apply two coats of spray paint to each, allowing them to dry well between coats.
2. Apply a third coat of paint to each figure and while still wet, sprinkle with the craft glitter. Allow to dry completely.
3. Once the dog figurines are completely dry, apply some hot glue to the bottom of each figurine and press to the tops of the wine corks. Hold in place until secure.
4. Allow glue to dry thoroughly before using.
Use your wine toppers just as you would any other topper or cork. It should slide right into your bottles without issue, displaying the adorable little canine at the top.
And remember… it’s not really drinking alone if… the dog is home.
Psst! That link? It’s an affiliate link and that means if you make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Making your purchase using my links helps to support this blog and for that, I thank you.