This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TheDogumentaries #CollectiveBias
Every dog mom believes her mutt is a champion, just like at the Westminster Dog Show, and we’re all absolutely right! Our 4-legged besties really are the best… at least in our own lives.
Have you ever thought about what goes into making your dog the “best in show”? It’s all the little things we do for them each day: training, grooming, feeding, and loving them. All those things add up to a dog who truly is the champion of a dog mom’s heart.
One way your pooch can put her best paw forward is with Purina® Pro Plan® brand DOG FOOD, the brand that has fueled the last 10 Best in Show champions at the Westminster Dog Show. Trainers know that good nutrition is one of the building blocks of a champion. Just take a look at this quick video to see what I mean.
We recently checked out Purina Pro Plan at our local Petco, and we were surprised to find so many great varieties to choose from. With formulas for every stage of life from puppy to senior, there’s truly something for everyone.
It was a tough decision because all the varieties are so great, but in the end we chose the Bright Mind formula. And yes, this dog mom also picked up a couple of surprises for her sweet babies. Thanks to Katie for all her help!
As a dog mom who worries about whether or not my mutts are getting what they need, I love that Bright Mind contains:
- Enhanced botanical oils shown to promote alertness and mental sharpness
- Omega-3 fatty acid and glucosamine help support joint health and mobility
- Real chicken is the #1 ingredient
But of course, the true test of any pet food is whether or not the dogs like it and I’m happy to say both of mine gobble up the Purina Pro Plan as soon as I put it in their bowls. That makes this dog mom very, very happy.
DIY Pet Food Canister Tutorial
Organizing and storing all your pet’s stuff can be a real challenge. I offer some great tips for beautiful organization in this blog post, and I’ve also got a fun tutorial for you today.
You know those popcorn tins that are so popular around Christmastime? They’re great as long as they’re filled with different kinds of yummy popcorn, but what good are they once all the snacks are gone? Well, let me tell you, they make excellent storage for dry pet foods.
Now I totally understand if you don’t want that ugly tin can sitting around your house, so keep reading for this super simple tutorial to create your very own beautiful and stylish pet food canister.
- An old popcorn tin
- Spray primer – I used this one from Rust-Oleum
- Spray paint(s) of your choice – I used metallic silver for the can and gloss black for the lid
- Craft stickers – I used these in 2 different sizes
- Drawer handle or knob, optional – I got something very similar to this at Walmart
- Start by using the primer to coat the outside of the can and lid. The primer will help your paint adhere better to the can. DO NOT PAINT THE INSIDE. Follow directions on the primer can for safety and proper use.
- Next, spray paint the outside of the can and lid. I used 2 colors, but you might choose to use only one. Be sure to follow the directions on the paint cans for safety and proper use. Let the paint dry thoroughly, according to direction on the can. I allowed mine to dry overnight.
- Apply craft sticker letters to spell out whatever you’d like your can to say. You might choose “dog food”, like I did, “cat food”, or you might like to use your pet’s name. It’s totally up to you how you choose to personalize the canister!
- This step is completely optional. Use a drill to put a small hole in the center of the lid, and then add a pretty knob or handle.
- Make sure can and lid are both completely dry before storing pet food inside.
I am super thrilled with the way my canister turned out. What do you think?
This DIY pet food canister is just one fun, simple, and beautiful way to organize your pet’s food at home, and it’s so easy to customize it to fit your home decor and personal taste. If you’ve got a great tip for storing and organizing pet supplies, please leave it in a comment below.
And don’t forget to enter to win a trip to the 2018 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show! Visit the Petco website to get all the details, and get entered by 3/31/2017!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and then make a purchase, we may receive a teeny tiny commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligated to make your purchase using our links but when you do, an amazing thing happens: you get something super awesome and we make a little pocket change. We call that a win-win!