As a dog mom and a life-long lover of all animals, it’s really important to me to use products that are cruelty-free and safe for use around pets. This includes the cleaning supplies I use in my home, as well as the personal products I use every day. That’s why today I’m sharing my very own cruelty-free daily skin routine with you.
As you read below, you will see that many of the products in my skin care routine are from Origins. I trust Origins because their skin care line is so incredible, and they are committed to earth-friendly practices like using natural ingredients and planting trees to improve the environment. Origins also steers clear of animal testing, and in fact, a company representative told me the following:
“Origins is committed to the elimination of animal testing and does not participate in product or ingredient testing, nor ask others to test on our behalf, except when required by law. Our finished products are evaluated in clinical tests on volunteer panels.”
I consider it a real victory when I find products that are not only amazing and effective, but are also made by a reputable, responsible company like Origins. It’s brands like this one that are truly making a positive impact in our world.
My daily skin care routine is really simple, just 5 easy peasy steps that take me just a few minutes to complete each morning.
A Dog Mom’s Cruelty-Free Skin Care Routine
1) Wash face. I start my daily skin care routine by washing my face with Origins A Perfect World Antioxidant Cleanser. This is my favorite facial cleanser ever because it prevents skin-aging oxidation, deterioration, dryness, and it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin.
2) Apply eye cream. The little bags under my eyes need all the help they can get, which is why I love Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream. It instantly de-puffs and reduces dark circles under the eyes, and it makes me immediately look more awake.
3) Moisturize. There’s no better daily moisturizer than Origins VitaZing SPF 15. Described as a “multi-tasking moisturizer that hydrates, energizes and protects”, this one’s got just a hint of color that makes it perfect for using in place of regular foundation. My skin truly feels invigorated and energized when I use it.
4) Apply mascara. I don’t wear much makeup at all, but I do like a little touch of mascara and Origins GinZing Brightening Mascara is amazing. It lengthens and lifts eyelashes, giving an immediate boost of fullness. It’s ophthalmologist tested, and I’ve never had any issues using it while wearing contact lenses.
5) Apply lip balm. Don’t forget your lips when you’re doing your daily skin care routine. I love eos lip balms because they are hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, and paraben and petrolatum free. They also come in great flavors and keep my lips soft and moisturized. And good news: eos doesn’t do any animal testing. Yay!
As you may have noticed, the products I use are more expensive than some of the skin care items that are available, but trust me when I say they are totally worth it.
Plus, I’ve noticed that when I use a high quality product like those from Origins, it’s not necessary to use as much, so it tends to last longer than some of the cheaper stuff on the market. In fact, I purchase most of the items no more than 2 or 3 times per year.
What are some of your favorite cruelty-free skin care routine items?
I’d love for you to share them with me in a comment below! And be sure to check out more of my favorite cruelty-free beauty products here!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and then make a purchase, we may receive a teeny tiny commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligated to make your purchase using our links but when you do, an amazing thing happens: you get something super awesome and we make a little pocket change. We call that a win-win!