Whether you’re going to the beach, the lake, or the pool, now is a great time to plan a day out with your dog. Make it a great day by being prepared with everything your dog will need to keep her happy and safe on the water.
Today I’m sharing 8 must-have items for your dog’s beach bag to help you get ready for some fun in the sun with your mutt.
A well-stocked beach bag will ensure that you’re prepared for any situation that might arise on your beach day with your dog. Better to be safe than sorry, right?
8 Must-Have Items for Your Dog’s Beach Bag
1) Roll up dog bed – Your dog should have a comfortable place to rest, and these beds are super portable, making them perfect for the beach.
2) Water bowl – It’s important to take plenty of bottled water and a water bowl for your dog.
3) Life vest – Most dogs can swim, but even the best swimmers need the protection of a life vest.
4) Tote bag – Put all your dog’s stuff in a roomy tote bag.
5) Poop bags – Even on the beach, it’s so very important to clean up after your pet.
6) Towel – A good towel is always a necessity at the beach.
7) Collar and leash – Secure your dog by keeping her on a leash. This is for her own safety, and may prevent her from becoming lost.
8) Pet first-aid kit – You never know when an emergency might arise. Always be prepared.
Bonus tip: A beach umbrella is also a great idea for dogs and dog moms. It’s important to protect sensitive skin from the hot sun.
If you’re looking for a beach bag that tells the world how much you love your mutt, you’ll want to check out this adorable design in my Etsy shop. It’s made of 100 percent organic cotton, and it’s roomy enough to tote everything you and your dog need.
Looking for a dog-friendly beach? Here’s a list of the top 10 in the United States.
Also, be sure to check out my summer water safety tips for dogs before you head out for your big day.
What’s in your dog’s beach bag?
Leave a comment and let me know about your must-have items for a day at the beach! Feel free to share a photo of your dog at the beach over on our Facebook page!