So because they love their treats, we go through a lot of them around our house. That makes it especially important that the treats are healthy, low calorie, and tasty. They absolutely adore these baked sweet potato chips, and they’re soooo easy and inexpensive to make!
- 3 c whole wheat flour
- 2 c quick-cook oats
- 1 c peanut butter (smooth or chunky, your choice!)
- 1 c unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil or coconut oil, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients well.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface. If the dough is too loose and crumbly, you can add a 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil or coconut oil at this point.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to about 1/4 inch thick and then cut into shapes with cookie cutters. If you don't want to use cookie cutters, simply make small dough balls.
- Place cookies on baking sheet, approximately 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake in preheated over for approximately 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool and then serve.
- Store uneaten cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
This is the final product, and I have to tell you, my dogs absolutely love them. Just look at this face, anticipating the treat she’s about to receive!