You’d be surprised how easy it is, and the best part is that I know exactly what they’re eating. There’s no wondering if the meat is contaminated or if deadly chemicals found their way into the food at the factory. I have peace of mind knowing my dogs are eating healthy, fresh food, and it doesn’t cost a lot of money.
One of my dogs’ favorite homemade dinners is beefy veggie meatballs. They’re easy to quick and easy to make, and they won’t break the bank. Check this out!
- 2.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 T fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 10-12 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, oil, water, and herbs. Mix well.
- Add food coloring, then knead the dough until color is evenly dispersed.
- Roll out the dough on parchment paper, using extra flour as needed so it doesn't stick.
- Roll out about 1/4 to 1/2 thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes.
- Place on lined baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Let treats cool before serving.
- Treats may be stored in an air tight container for 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.