Nowadays, our puppy Georgie goes pretty much everywhere I go. A quick trip to the pharmacy, a Walmart run, or a Saturday morning at the farmer’s market? She comes along with me, traveling in my Jeep inside the safety of her Sleepypod mobile pet bed.
It’s been a long time since I had a baby (a human one, that is), but I can assure you that I never left the house without a well-stocked diaper bag. Be prepared; that was always my motto as a mom. And now that Georgie is with me nearly every time I leave the house, I feel the same way.
I just never know what kind of situation may arise with my puppy while we’re out and about, and because I believe it’s always better to be safe than sorry, I never leave home without my “doggy diaper bag” filled with on-the-go essentials for dogs. Take a look.
On-The-Go Essentials for Dogs
1) Travel food and water bowls, because you just never know when your mutt is going to get hungry or need a drink of water;
2) Pee pads. These are always good to have on hand.
5) Poop bags, because, you know, it happens.
6) Soft harness, like this one from Puppia. I really love using soft harnesses with my dogs, and there are so many pretty colors and patterns to choose from.
7) Small blanket or towel because you just never know when you might need them.
8) Tote bag to put all your on-the-go essentials inside.
I feel so much more prepared to travel with my dogs when my on-the-go bag is well-stocked and in the Jeep.
You’d never leave home with small children without being fully prepared, so why would you do it with your dogs?
Do you have some on-the-go essentials that you always take with you and your dog?
I’d love for you to share them in a comment below, or visit our Facebook page and join the conversation!
Edited to add: before taking your dog into a store, restaurant, or other public place, be sure to verify that your pet is indeed allowed to be there. Many stores, restaurants, and businesses are very pet-friendly and will welcome your well-behaved, leashed, and vaccinated pet.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and then make a purchase, we may receive a teeny tiny commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligated to make your purchase using our links but when you do, an amazing thing happens: you get something super awesome and we make a little pocket change. We call that a win-win!