If you’re planning a trip to the beach this summer, you might be interested in knowing where to find the top 10 pet-friendly beaches in the United States.
Thanks to Invitation Homes for the cool infographic below. They put it together with input from vacationers and locals alike. It features some of the beaches where people say they enjoy taking their pets for some fun in the sun, and a few of these just may surprise you.
If you’re thinking that all the best beaches are in California or Florida, keep reading because I think you’ll find there’s an amazing pet-friendly beach near you, even if you don’t live in a popular tourist destination.
Top 10 Pet-Friendly Beaches in the United States
- Montrose Beach – Chicago, IL
- Warren Dunes State Park – Sawyer, MI
- Double Bluff Beach, Whidbey Island – Freeland, WA
- Rosie’s Dog Beach – Long Beach, CA
- Del Mar Dog Beach – Del Mar, CA
- Fort De Soto Park – St. Petersburg, FL
- Jeckyll Island Beach – Jeckyll Island, GA
- Topsail – Topsail Beach, NC
- Nags Head Beach – Nags Head, NC
- Wildwood Dog Beach – Wildwood, NJ
My personal favorite isn’t on this list, but it’s definitely worth a mention. It’s a dog-friendly beach aptly named Dog Beach, located in Key West, Florida.
If you’ve never been to Key West, let me tell you, it’s seriously heaven on earth. Oh, and there’s a dog-friendly bar right there at the beach. Score!
If you’re looking for pet-friendly hotels, motels, and rentals, don’t miss this blog post with 7 dog-friendly lodging options for pet parents.
What’s your favorite pet-friendly beach?
Leave a comment and let us know! Better yet, post a photo of you and your pet at the beach over on our Facebook page!