My bedroom is truly my sanctuary, a place for me to relax, unwind, and get away from the world, and after a long winter, I really love to refresh my bedroom for Spring. It feels so good to open the blinds and let the sun shine in, and it’s perfect time to give everything a good cleaning in preparation for Spring and Summer.
Today I’m sharing 7 steps to refresh your bedroom for Spring, and whether or not you allow your pets into bed with you, these tips will help you create a wonderful place for sweet sleep and escape from the daily grind.
This article contains affiliate links which means that if you use these links to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!
7 Steps to Refresh Your Bedroom for Spring
1) Start by dusting everything. Blinds, ceiling fans and light fixtures, furniture, and baseboards need a good cleaning right now. A blind duster will make that daunting chore a little easier, and a long handle duster will help with those hard-to-reach spots. You can use microfiber cloths to dust your furniture and baseboards, and if you want to use a little cleaner for dusting, I highly recommend Method All Purpose Cleaner.
2) Clean your windows and mirrors. A simple 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water in a spray bottle is the perfect natural way for cleaning windows and mirrors. Add a few drops of lemon essential oil if you want to give it a spring-like scent. I use paper towels to get a streak-free finish that lets the sun shine in.
3) Clean or replace your bed pillows. Most pillows are machine washable and should be washed at least twice per year. Spring is the perfect time to toss those babies in the washer, but be sure to read the care label first. If it’s time to replace them, visit your favorite store and pick up some new ones.
4) Wash your bedding. This includes comforter or bedspread, sheets, pillowcases, and shams. If you really want to freshen things up, Spring is a great time to buy new bedding and Wayfair offers some gorgeous options at reasonable prices. Don’t you deserve a cozy, comfy place to sleep?
5) Flip your mattress before you re-make your bed. Most mattresses require flipping, as it will help them last longer and wear more evenly. If you’re in the market for a new mattress, be sure to check out Eco Terra for a high-quality mattress made with exceptionally comfortable all-natural latex, fabric encased coils, and pure organic cotton. Even Kamil Spark from Mattress Matchers recommends on flipping your mattress so that it doesn’t get saggy.
6) Clean your floor. Whether you have carpet, tile, or hardwood, now is a great time to clean your floor. I like to do a little spot cleaning of my carpets with my Bissell Spotbot Pet. Be sure to launder or dry clean any rugs in the room, too.
7) Add a few new touches in the form of colorful throw pillows, a new rug, or accent chair. I really love the pillow pictured below, don’t you? It will look perfect on my bed!
As you can see, it doesn’t take much to refresh your bedroom for the new season, and I can almost guarantee that going to sleep in a nice, clean, comfortable room will give you sweet dreams. And who doesn’t want that?
What are you doing to refresh your bedroom this season?
I’d love for you to leave a comment for me, and better yet, share some photos of your refreshed bedroom with us over on The Everyday Dog Mom Facebook page!