With Thanksgiving rapidly approaching here in the United States, everyone’s starting to plan their holiday menu. There’s always some version of sweet potatoes on our family’s holiday table, whether it’s candied yams, sweet potato pie, or baked sweet potatoes slathered in cinnamon sugar and butter. Oh my, I think I put on 5 pounds just thinking about it.
Because so many of us consider our dogs to be part of the family, I strongly believe they shouldn’t be left out of the holiday festivities. That’s why I want to share this oh so simple, healthy, and delicious recipe for vegan and grain-free sweet potato cookies for dogs.
As you can see, there are limited ingredients in this recipe, and they’re all wholesome and healthy. And according to my girl, Nike, when you mix them all together, they make one delicious cookie.
If you really want to make these special for Thanksgiving, you might consider using these cute pumpkin cookie cutters or this totally adorable pilgrim cookie cutter set. Both are perfect for your dog’s Turkey Day treats!
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mint
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup + one teaspoon water
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine parsley, mint, egg, water, and oil in a bowl.
- Add oats a little bit at a time to mixture and mix all ingredients well.
- Knead dough well and then let it sit for about 30 minutes. This allows the oats to soften.
- After 30 minutes, roll dough into small balls and place approximately 1/4-inch apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow mints to cool before serving.
- Store uneaten mints in an air-tight container for up to one week.
- If your dog is allergic to eggs, you can substitute 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce for the one large egg.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and then make a purchase, we may receive a teeny tiny commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligation to make your purchase using our links but when you do, an amazing thing happens: you get something super awesome and we make a little pocket change. We call that a win-win!